At first i was going to record each for my audio drama separately and then add then together in post. But i realized that i could save mass amounts of times but doing each line all in one take and then simply making then closer together to better replicate a conversation between 3-4 people. I used Audacity which i personally believe to be the best way of recording and editing voices, i used ‘change pitch’ to obviously change the pitch of voice in order to differentiate between characters. It didn’t take very long to change each voice, but it was tedious. The same feeling towards editing and making each voice closer or further apart from each other.
After i had changed the voices to my liking and placed them where i wanted them, i needed to add some kind of music, something dramatic, but nothing over the top. I didn’t need anything Lord of the Rings worthy. i just needed subtle ‘gossip’ music. I searched YouTube and sound-cloud for a long time trying to find the right music, with the right feeling. Eventually, i found something that wasn’t perfect, but it worked. i then needed to find somewhere to place it. I tried it from the start and that just didn’t seem organic. But i tried it from more or less the middle and it seemed to work. And the music was placed perfectly so when the cliffhanger is happening the music starts to die down, leaving a perfect metaphorical punch in the face!
Update: I went to put the finished product into the submission box and turn in my finished work. However, Moodle for some reason wouldn’t let me save anything i turned in. In the end i uploaded the clip to a YouTube channel and sent that link to my tutor.